Welcome to AmeriHealth District of Columbia! We are the newest member of the AmeriHealth Family of Companies (“AmeriHealth”) and one of three plans chosen by the D.C. Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) to provide Medicaid managed care and services to Medicaid beneficiaries in the District. As you know, AmeriHealth will assume responsibility for Chartered’s membership and operations on May 1, 2013. This includes responsibility for claims with dates of service on or after May 1, 2013.
In preparation for this transition, AmeriHealth D.C. would like to welcome you as a participating provider effective May 1, 2013. We are proud to know that you will be providing services to our members through your re-assigned contract with AmeriHealth D.C.
To help you through this transition, you should use the guide available at the link below with all the important information you need to know to submit claims, check eligibility and do business with AmeriHealth D.C. starting in May.
Additionally, we wanted you to be informed that Chartered members recently received a letter about this transition. We realize our members may come to you with questions. Here are a few quick facts about how this change will affect members and providers:
Members will be…
NOTE: If a member presents for services without their new AmeriHealth D.C. ID card, please use the “Member ID” number from their Chartered ID card to verify eligibility. The “Member ID” is the number that begins with a ‘7.’
- Receiving new AmeriHealth D.C. ID cards and welcome materials in May.
- Covered for the same Medicaid benefits as long as they remain eligible for coverage.
- Able to see the same primary care practitioner (PCP), if that practitioner remains in-network. Note: Most Chartered practitioners have chosen to remain in-network with AmeriHealth D.C.
- Able to use the same pharmacy, if that pharmacy is in the AmeriHealth D.C. network.
- Supported by the Member Services department at the same telephone number: 202-408-4720.
Providers will be…
We are committed to delivering the support you deserve – during this transition and beyond. We look forward to the opportunity to work closely with you, and other providers and community organizations, to meet the District-specific needs of the underserved.
- Working with the same local staff you’ve come to know and trust over the years.
- Treated as a valued partner with a vital role in our mission to help people get care, stay well and build healthy communities.
- Supported by the Provider Services department at the same telephone number: 202-408-2237.
- Receiving more information very soon via our website at www.amerihealthdc.com !
Please direct questions to your Provider Account Executive or the Provider Services department at 202-408-2237.
Provider Transition Guide*
Behavioral Health Transition Guide*
Milliman to Interqual Transition*